Tuesday 14 April 2015

art journaling workshop

What a wonderful Saturday morning I had!
This past Saturday I ran an art journaling workshop 
at the Bluesfest School of Music and Art (BSOMA).

I went into the morning with such excitement,
which was equalled by they enthusiasm 
of the wonderful people who registered.
We had full registration 
{with some others who also wanted to join in!}


Here's a peak at the morning, tables set up and ready to go:

I created a little packet for each person. With only two hours, I was definitely pressed for time, but I wanted to introduce some colour theory, along with a quick talk about the many different ways to keep an art journal.

I based the class around some of my art journal pages,
 teaching the techniques I used here:
And then the wonderful process of creating began. 
A few of the folks had art journaled before, 
but for most this was the beginning of a beautiful journey for them.

The ladies {and one man} were so open, friendly and engaged. 
They were truly a pleasure to teach.


 I absolutely loved teaching this class and had such wonderful feedback, 
with requests for more, and longer workshops.
{Do you guys know how humbled and excited I am about that??}

I am working with BSOMA to create series of classes, so stay tuned!

Silvia

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that the workshop went so well. Excited to hear about the series you're working on! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete